RISK > ECONOMICS > DELIVERABLES
Negotiation is a mix of leverage and substance. Every Agreement is a balance of risk, money and who performs what for the other. Do you have the leverage?
Most businesses require an agreement signed to get paid.
- Does Risk Matter? Are you Microsoft? Unlikely. Microsoft takes almost no risk because it limits all liability.
- Do you indemnify your customer, shareholder for any claim? Does it matter if your customer, partner, investor has no liability to you if the agreement does not work out?
- Is your product based on licensed IP or do you develop your own IP?
- Are you being compensated fairly? Sufficiently?
- Is your deliverable accepted on delivery?