Outside Counsel Services
I work with Company clients in diverse industries including Saas, Cybersecurity, Software development, biotech, systems on a chip, niche consultancies and professional services and even women’s fashion and food.
Clients that seek outside general counsel services often seek advice and services related to:
The Corporate Entity and Money Issues
- Initial capitalization and financing thru equity or convertible notes to friends and family or accredited investors
- Subscription Agreements related to equity and debt
- Managing the cap table
- Structure and negotiate deal between founding partners, shareholders
- Formation of appropriate entity and qualifications in states where entity is doing business
- Fixing problems with the Corporate entity
- Federal securities exemptions and state securities filings
- Interacting with Company CPA or bookkeeper
Consultants, Employees and IP
- Consulting Agreements – cautioning against the risk of misclassification claims and interaction with Labor Counsel
- Employee offer letters
- Confidentiality, NDA’s, IP Assignments: Ensuring that Company’s obtain assignment or work for hire and enter into appropriate agreement with inside contractors, outside developers and third party strategic partners
Product Development and Third Party Suppliers:
- Is your Company a Saas – that packages third party cloud based services OR a product Company that develops a product based on third party components, key IP or third party supply chain?
- How do you address licensing and commercial agreements related to making, developing, testing, distributing and selling their products and services?
- Sales Agreement negotiation and structuring related to revenue and revenue recognition
- Advising Companies and Senior executives related to strategic hires, separation, “acquihires” and everything in between
- Sales, acquisitions, spin outs and mergers
- Managing and selecting outside counsel